Quote of the week

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.


~~Robert Frost


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Thoughts: Movie shoot

As I sat there watching my 9 yr old daughter, I wondered.

I wonder if shes thinking, hoping, that she will be discovered? I know, if it was me in her position, at her age, I would be coming up with all sort of scenarios. Envisioning magically being discovered in a streak of pure luck, because thats how everything happens in a 9 year olds mind, by luck or chance, never hard work. Being asked to have a speaking role, which would ultimately lead to being discovered and untold fortune. What 9 yr old wouldn't have these thoughts. Heck, one time when I was younger, 911 had to be called because I had put my finger in the small hole of a dryer drum, thinking that would be a smart way to carry it around, and I was looking for the cameras when the fire truck arrived, I thought, for sure, I would be on Rescue 911, after multiple attempts, it had to be cut off, the dryer, not my thumb, and during the whole process, I was still looking, thinking that they were hidden somewhere. It never seams to happen as you envision it. If she is seeing fame in her future, she'll probably be having these visions until the shoot is over. It may have even planted a seed in her, where she starts to take an interest in acting, and either begins bugging me, or, if I don't act fast enough, she may begin researching for herself the roles and auditions that are out there. She is at the right age to really begin to wonder about what she wants to be when she grows up. Evan if it's just a phase, something she'll grow out of and eventually give up, at least shes having a fun experience. I am sure out of all the pases she will go through in the years to come, this will be one of the better, more positive, character building ones, and hey, it's something that I'm able to enjoy with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment