Quote of the week

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.


~~Robert Frost


Sunday, April 10, 2011

1st Night

We arrived at the grocery store, which luckily was still open. While Kurt started setting up the trailer, I went in to see what we were going to have for dinner. Walking up and down the aisles, I took mental inventory of what we had in the trailer to work with, we had no power and no cooking equipment, remember, we just bought it, all I had was an oven to work with. I decided on tv dinners and plastic forks, with donuts, and fruit for breakfast. After checking out, I went proceeded to the back of the parking lot where we had our first meal in the new trailer, which consisted of Hungry Man dinners and Kid Cuisines. Not bad for a first meal, and prepared for bed. So, between the 5 of us we had 1 blanket and 2 pillows, on a cold night. I think I may have thought about turning on the furnace, but I was worried about it catching on fire, I have a thing about gas. I piled the kids on the jack knife couch and we all tried sleeping 5 people on it. Sometime in the middle of the night, Kurt and I moved off the couch on to the bed and chose sleep and freezing as opposed to no sleep and warmth. Thus concludes our first night in our new trailer.



 I was awaken by singing birds and sunshine, and the memory of a broken water pump. As our wonderful luck would have it we broke down across the street from an Autozone and Kurt ate and headed over to get the part. We got the part, while he spent the next 5 hours changing out the water pump, which would of been easier if he had mechanics tools as opposed to electrical tools, he basically did everything with a screwdriver and a pair of channel locks. Meanwhile, I spent 5 hours entertaining the kids. After 3 trips to the thrift store, a few toys, and a clean shirt for kurt, we were loaded up and back on the road. While we were loading up and pulling jacks, I had my first encounter with a curious onlooker. She was an employee from Winn Dixie on her break. She come up to us curious about the trailer, so we talked to her for a few, she expressed that what we were doing was something she would love to do and have always wanted to do, but wasn't able to. Money I think was her issue, she felt that she need to stay a cashier at the store, like that was the only money she could make. None the less, she envied us and what we were doing. After she left, we left, and headed make to my moms house in Tampa to load the trailer up with our stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment